We talk about web development, have you ever heard a business owner ask “what is a website for?” If the answer is yes then it means that the person in question is not yet aware of the advantages that his company can obtain from being present on the web. In Italy, but it is a trend that is found all over the world, the number of Internet users is constantly growing, we see below the most important answers to “why be on the web?”. It represents a starting point and a “business card” for your business. A well-crafted website conveys professionalism and reliability. It is equivalent to a modern business card and represents the perfect means of communication to interact with your interlocutors. Increase your company’s range of action. Those who are present on the internet certainly enjoy more advantages than those who do not have a website, the latter have less chance of being found by potential customers or by simple interested parties in the company’s initiatives and proposals. And then, look at your competitors, in all likelihood they already have a site and your customers will find it sooner or later. Increase the prestige of your company. It is an element that can surely help you stand out from the crowd by gaining credibility. Allows you to sell online through e-commerce. Electronic commerce represents the last frontier of the sale, through an e-commerce it will be possible to organize your catalog making the purchase quick and easy. It affects the corporate image. The tools available for web design today offer infinite and surprising possibilities, professional and appropriate graphics are essential to provide the public with the image you want to convey of your company. It can be visited 24 hours a day. This answer is not as obvious as it might seem. A site is a space, an always open shop that can be visited at any time, at any time of day or night, on holidays or weekdays from all over the world. There are no boundaries and users have the maximum freedom to understand what and how you do it. It is an investment in one’s own image. The cost of a website is far lower than an advertisement in the print media. In fact, a newspaper, unlike a website, can be thrown the next day. The importance of a bespoke website With the advent of the 21st century, the technology sector has undergone a change that has manifested itself in an increasingly sudden and visible way with the naked eye, which has in turn resulted in a profound evolution in the daily life of today’s society. We went from looking for phone numbers on directories to asking our smartphone to look for them for us. We went from reading bulky articles on paper, to reading articles like this comfortably on the web. In a connected society even without real needs to do it, how important is a website for a company? Statistical surveys last year speak for themselves. 73% (43 million people) of the Italian people are connected to the network, and on average they spend 6 hours a day surfing the internet, and 5 hours sharing between social networks, streaming and music platforms. The remaining 27% is to be divided between people over the years, infants, and a small fraction of people who are not connected by choice. If we count that on average, each of us spends 13 hours a day for our personal needs, we can say that the population is spending the entire connected life. The aim of any company that aims to publicize it is undoubtedly to reach as many people as possible, and especially in the shortest possible time. In light of this, we can deduce that having your own website is today one of the most effective ways to better advertise your company. How important is it for achieving your goals to rely on industry experts who draw up a project specifically tailored to your needs? Let’s assume that your company is a person made of flesh and blood. Advertising is the dress with which it is presented to any prospective customer. At this point it is necessary to ask oneself: “what impression do I want to give of my company?” but it is also true that nobody would buy a property from an agency with headquarters not built according to the right criteria. Relying on experts in the sector, so that they can draw up a project tailored to your needs, is equivalent to commissioning a haute couture suit. You could opt for cheaper solutions, but they wouldn’t fit.